Permanent Makeup FAQ's
How long will my Semi-Permanent Cosmetics last?
Cosmetic tattooing is designed to fade over time. Factors such as skin type, lifestyle, age,metabolism, medications, and pigment color affect the longevity of the tattoo. The sun and some kinds of lighting (tanning beds) can affect the rate at which these pigments are broken down. To take care of your brows follow the aftercare instructions and touch-up your brows every 12-18 months (as needed). Touch-ups are normal and expected for Permanent Cosmetics.
*Please note that final results vary and CANNOT be guaranteed due to the nature of skin as it heals. A follow-up appointment is recommended at 6-8 weeks where we can assess your pigment retention and make any changes necessary.
What factors will affect my Permanent Cosmetics?
- Oily Skin: Increased oil production can cause hairstrokes to blur and heal lighter and powdery.
- Smoking: Smokers may notice that their Semi-Permanent Cosmetics will fade faster
- Anemia and iron deficiency: Your body will absorb these iron based pigments more quickly.
- Sun exposure: Increased exposure to the sun will cause premature fading. You will want to use a special sunscreen for your Semi-Permanent Cosmetics; I recommend Ink Guard. You can find it here CannaSmack Ink Guard SPF30-Tattoo Fade Shield .
- Age and metabolism. The Faster your metabolism the faster the pigment will fade.
- Bleeding during the procedure: Excessive bleeding during your procedure will greatly affect how your body retains pigment. While this is not entirely in our control, it is important that you follow before care instructions to help minimize bleeding. This includes avoiding blood thinning medications, alcohol, and caffeine 24 hours before your procedure.
Do Permanent Cosmetics hurt?
Topical 5% Lidocaine is used to make you comfortable during your Semi-Permanent Cosmetic procedure, however pain tolerance varies from client to client. Having the procedure during your menstrual cycle may increase your sensitivity.
What can I expect immediately after my appointment?
In the hours following your procedure your brows will appear much darker and bolder than it will heal due to oxidation in the surface layer of your skin. Your brows could also appear warmer in color. You may experience some redness or swelling around the treated area, this typically disappears within 48 hours.
Around day 3 you may notice some flaking or light scabbing on the treated area, DO NOT PICK AT IT, doing so can result in loss of pigment in those areas. Brows may appear spotty or patchy until the entire brow has finished healing. You may notice that some areas may appear very light or even to have lost pigment entirely after they have peeled, the epidermis will be thicker causing muting, hiding or diffusing of pigment underneath. The epidermis will normalize over the next 6-8 weeks and softened pigment should appear more clearly on surface of the skin.
At 6-8 weeks your brows will be fully healed. Whatever pigment that does not return will be addressed at your touch up appointment or if you’d prefer darker, bolder brows we can always add more color or dimension during that appointment!
Microblading Healing Process
What will my home care be?
1. For 1 hr post appointment, blot brows with a clean tissue to remove lymph. If the oozing dries on brows, it’ll create massive scabs, and the brows will peel and flake like crazy and we don’t want that!
2. Within a few hrs post appointment, wash brows with the aftercare soap provided.
You’re going to:
A. Wash hands
B. Get TINY bit of soap and some water OUTSIDE OF SHOWER
C. Wash gently in direction of hair. It’s a LIGHT swipe, just to help remove excess oil, oozing etc.
D. RINSE THOROUGHLY. Cup your hands with water and rinse to make sure all soap is removed.
E. Pat dry with clean paper towel
F. Apply balm (TINY AMOUNT, NOT GOOPY)
3. Wash morning and night for 7 days
4. Apply balm morning and night for 10 days. RICE GRAIN amount will cover BOTH brows. NOT rice grain on each.
5. No getting brows wet other than washing OUTSIDE of shower. This includes shower, sweating, sauna, hot tub, ETC.
6. No direct sunlight for 2 weeks
7. NO MAKEUP. LOTION. FACE WASH. SERUMS. SHAMPOO. CONDITIONER Etc can touch them for two whole weeks. After that, avoid all products on them that include active ingredients (acne or anti aging products)
8. NO picking or scratching at scabs. DO NOT sleep on face!
9. If you have oily skin, blot any excess oil off your brows/forehead as needed throughout the day for the first 7-10 days.
10. Enjoy your new brows!! And don’t forget to schedule your touch up aka perfecting session anytime within 2-5 months 😘
Do I need a touch-up/follow-up appointment?
Yes! All Permanent Cosmetic procedures require 2 sessions. During your 6-8 week follow-up we can assess your pigment retention and make any adjustments needed. This follow-up also increases the longevity of your Semi-Permanent Cosmetics.
How can I maintain my new cosmetic tattoo after healing?
- Brows will typically last 1-3 years depending on lifestyle, skin type, and aftercare
- Exposure to the sun and tanning beds can cause fading and discoloration of the pigment.
- Always apply sunscreen SPF 50+ on brow area
- Avoid using chemical exfoliants on the brows, as it will cause fading
- Avoid lasers on or near brow area, this may change the color of your brow
- Additional brow makeup application may still be required post procedure to achieve your desired look
- Yearly touch ups are reccomended to maintain the vibrancy of your brows
Do I need a consultation before getting Semi-Permanent Cosmetics?
I do not offer consult appointments, if you have a specific question or concern you are welcome to text or give me a call at 702-475-9067. I book enough time to discuss your needs and wants at the initial appointment. if you are in need of correction work or have had your brows tattooed elsewhere, you will need to in text me a photo before booking. This way we can schedule adequate time.
I have had my brows tattooed before, can you fix them/touch them up?
I require that anyone who has had their brows tattooed previously by another artist text me a picture before booking an appointment. This way we can discuss price, your options and schedule sufficient time. Any client coming to me from a different artist is considered a new client, with full prices.
What forms of payment do you accept?
The balance minus your deposit will be due at your appointment. Cash is preferred however I do accept all major credit/debit cards with a 5% convenience fee.
How can I book an appointment?
Please click the book button at the top of this page.